Thursday, January 8, 2009

Skiing - Dec 27, 2008

After Christmas, the temperatures at Lake Louise FINALLY became reasonable so Erin and I braved the crowds, which actually weren't that bad, and headed out to Lake Louise for some fun and to work up our ski legs before the trip to Fernie on New Years.

Perhaps we Banff skiers are spoiled. We took the a lift up with a patroler and he said that would be the busiest day of the year. We had to wait for the lift once at Larch and once at Ptarmagin. Though I am no fan of busy slopes, I do hope the numbers pick up at Lake Louise so that they remain profitable.


Here's Erin with Whitehorn II in the background. Those chutes are still a long way from ready. They need more snow and the snow that in them needs to stabilize.


Looking the other way, you can see me. I'm about to fly down Brownshirt. Remember those moments of bliss I was talking about last post. That run was another one of them. The snow wasn't powder, but it was just perfect for some packed powder turns. Erin said she wished she had a camera to capture my turns. I got going really fast and was able to stay smooth.



Here's Erin coming down underneath the Paradise chair. There was actually pretty good snow there. The coverage was decent and large moguls hadn't yet developed.

All-in-all, this was a really great day of skiing. We managed to avoid the rocks and had some good time just being together in the mountains. Lake Louise will always be a special place for us.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: