Friday, December 5, 2008

Sunshine Village - Opening Day 2006, 2007

I have this weird habit of saving all my expired ski tickets. Maybe it's because I've paid so much for them. Maybe it's because they're a memory of the day. Maybe I'm just a pack-rat.

Whatever the case, these are the most easily posted memories I have of two consecutive years of opening day at Sunshine Village. 2006 was POWDER-licious! Just a phenominal year. 2007 was poof-scratch-licious. For 2007 the longer lasting legacy is skis with some pretty serious gashes in them. Two good things came of this:

1) I had an "official" pair of Rock Skis
2) I got to buy my SWEET Rossi Scratch BS skis. Their about 2 cm wider and MAN does that make a difference. I think that my skiing style (high power, low grace) and heavier weight for my height means that a wider ski does me much better. I can't wait until there's a enough snow to pull those babies out this year :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: